After the long waiting it is finally downloadable.
Just search for "SymTorrent" using the Ovi Store client, or visit http://store.ovi.com/content/79370. If you like (or dislike) the app please write a review in Ovi (especially since user registrations is still not working on this site). I will check them all out.
SymTorrent has been removed from Ovi Store after one week. Download SymTorrent 1.50 from this site
Open the full post to read the change list.
Symtorrent 1.50 - 2010.12.14
- First OVI Store release, had to completly restructure projects, change UIDs, etc.
- Fixed startup crash caused by missing/deleted saved torrent file
- Files larger than 4GB are skipped by default (FAT32 limitation) and a warning is displayed to the user when the torrent is loaded.
- When a torrent is removed, the user is asked if they want to have incomplete files of the torrent deleted.
- If a peer sends a particular piece incorrectly (hash check fails) two times, that piece is not downloaded again from the peer.
- Torrent tries to connect to all trackers simultaneously not to only one
- Maximum number of peers allowed per torrent is raised to 200. Maximum number of parallel TCP connections per torrent is raised to 25.
- 50 most recent peers are saved when exiting
- BUG FIXED: USER 130 panic if connecting to network fails while some sockets are open
- BUG FIXED: USER 11 panic at random intervals while downloading (caused by an undersized TBuf used for logging some debug info)
- Fixed piece bar width when screen orientation is changed (bar fits screen width)
- Fixed piece bar pieces colors
- Fixed torrent properties view size and background when layout is changed
- Enabled touch scrolling for torrent properties view
- Added touch friendly tab bars
- Changed "Checking hash" progress dialog text to "Looking for already downloaded files" and renamed "Cancel" softkey to "Skip"
- If no torrents has been added, tapping the screen adds a torrent